While everyone else in the country is throwing water balloons and splashing each other with buckets of water, the people of Aliaga, Nueva Ecija celebrate the feast of Saint John the Baptist differently. As a form of ritualistic thanksgiving, farmers and devotees cover themselves in mud and dried leaves at dawn. “Mud people” or “taong putik,” as they are called roam the streets while begging for alms at each house. They converge at the town’s church to celebrate the town’s patron saint and give thanks for the season’s harvest.
Gear up those cameras and prepare for a fascinating festival. Adventure and culture in one trip!
- Be amazed and awed by the Aliaga people’s devotion to Saint John the Baptist.
- Witness the devotees transformation into “Taong Putik”
Assembly at 12:00AM (Mcdo El Pueblo, Ortigas)
Morning arrival at Aliaga, Nueva Ecija
Time for shooting preparations of devotees and procession
Converge at Town Plaza
Free time for shooting, exploring town
Travel back to Manila.
ETA Manila around 01:00PM
* Roundtrip Transfers: MNL-Nueva Ecija-MNL
* Travel Factor ID bagtag
* Travel Insurance
* Please read Terms and Conditions.
* Book & Buy Policy. First come, first serve basis.
* No regform, No reservation.
* To reserve: 1. Book Now and Pick a schedule. 2. Fill-out Registration Form. 3. Choose and Confirm Payment Procedure.
* You will receive an email confirmation of your booking.
* Deadline of payment for bank deposit or cash is indicated on the email confirmation and must be followed. Should you need extension, please coordinate with Travel Factor.
* Payments are non-refundable but transferable to another person. Travel Factor must be notified asap or at least 5 working days before the trip with complete regform. .
* A Trip Primer will be given to you that has complete guidelines, including things to bring, detailed itinerary, reminders, etc. days before your trip.
* For inquiries, email us at email@example.com subj: INQUIRY: PHOTOHOLIC Nueva Ecija - Taong Putik Festival or call HQ 746-5119.