Every year, dozens of penitents fill the streets of Barangay San Pedro in Cutud, Pampanga in search of atonement. With one hand armed with a bamboo whip, penitents roam the streets while scourging themselves, in a seeming reenactment of the Passion of Christ. The streets are spattered with blood from penitents as others burden themselves with hefty wooden crosses. At three o’ clock, the activities culminate in the crucifixion of flagellants to wooden crosses atop a makeshift Calvary.
Whether Cutud is an exercise in spiritual redress or mere spectacle, photography enthusiasts will surely be enthralled by the plethora of subjects in their midst. Witness the bizarreness of devotion, faith, even fanaticism, in one of the country’s most popular Holy Week traditions.
6:30 AM Meet up at McDonald’s El Pueblo
7:00 AM ETD Manila
9:00 AM Orientation and Instructions by Photographer Guide
9:15 AM Time for shooting flagellants and exploring various barrio scenes
12:00 NN Lunch
1:00 PM Rest or Free Time for shooting
2:00 PM Congregate for Passion Play
3:00 PM Passion Play and Crucifixion
4:30 PM ETA Manila
* Roundtrip Van Transfers: Manila – Pampanga – Manila
* Travel Insurance
* Travel Factor ID
* Please read Terms and Conditions.
* Book & Buy Policy. First come, first serve basis.
* No regform, No reservation.
* To reserve: 1. Book Now and Pick a schedule. 2. Fill-out Registration Form. 3. Choose and Confirm Payment Procedure.
* You will receive an email confirmation of your booking.
* Deadline of payment for bank deposit or cash is indicated on the email confirmation and must be followed. Should you need extension, please coordinate with Travel Factor.
* Payments are non-refundable but transferable to another person. Travel Factor must be notified asap or at least 5 working days before the trip with complete regform. .
* A Trip Primer will be given to you that has complete guidelines, including things to bring, detailed itinerary, reminders, etc. days before your trip.
* For inquiries, email us at email@example.com subj: INQUIRY: PHOTOHOLIC Cutud (Holy Week) or call HQ 746-5119.