Coffee Home Brewing 101
Calling all coffee junkies! Coffee Home brewing 101 is designed for those looking to elevate the coffee experience at home. We’ll teach you the basics of coffee appreciation — types of beans and roast — as well as different methods to get your caffeine dose out of them. Get familiar with the french press, chemex, pour over and the aeropress and be your own barista. It’s time to ditch those expensive designer coffees and get the same — or better java fix right in your own kitchen!
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Shophouse Coffee is a Specialty Coffee Catering Company & Popup Cafe. Since October 2015, we have been brewing our own homecrafted small batch cold brew (Shophouse Cold Brew), and have popped up in multiple food fairs as well as carefully curated bazaars and expos. Our creed is to share our love for excellent hand-crafted coffee to coffee lovers everywhere, and to educate and feed the curiosity of the new coffee drinkers.
Ton De Luna is the founder and head brewer at Shophouse Coffee Company, a specialty coffee catering company & coffee popup shop. Passionate about specialty coffee coffee and hand-crafted brewing methods, Ton's purpose for his coffee popup concept is to bring these passions to his customers on a personal level. His favorite method? Chemex, because it always results in a clean cup.
01:45 PM Registration
02:00 PM Introduction, workshop proper
I. What is Coffee
IV. Slow Brewing Methods (Hands-on)
05:00 PM End of Workshop
- 3 hour workshop
- Coffee Tasting: Single origin coffees (Brazil / Panama / Benguet / Guatemala / Ethiopia)
- Communal Brewing Equipment (Coffee grinder, Pourover Kettles, Scales, Aeropress, Hario V60, Chemex, Kalita 102, French press, Clever Dripper, Mocha Pot)
Note: Participants can also bring any piece of brewing equipment from home that they want to learn to use properly, and hopefully it's something the instructor can help you with.
* Please read Terms and Conditions.
* Book & Buy Policy. First come, first serve basis.
* No regform, No reservation.
* To reserve: 1. Book Now and Pick a schedule. 2. Fill-out Registration Form. 3. Choose and Confirm Payment Procedure.
* You will receive an email confirmation of your booking.
* Deadline of payment for bank deposit or cash is indicated on the email confirmation and must be followed. Should you need extension, please coordinate with Travel Factor.
* Payments are non-refundable but transferable to another person. Travel Factor must be notified asap or at least 5 working days before the trip with complete regform. .
* A Trip Primer will be given to you that has complete guidelines, including things to bring, detailed itinerary, reminders, etc. days before your trip.
* For inquiries, email us at email@example.com subj: INQUIRY: KAPITOLYO 101 Coffee Home Brewing 101 or call HQ 746-5119.