New Zealand: South Island Loop
South Island, New Zealand
Those who crave for adventure will fall in love with New Zealand! Starting and ending in Christchurch, this 8-day and 7-night trip will bring you to the South Island's most amazing destinations.
The trip starts at Christchurch airport, where you'll meet the rest of your trip-mates and then it's off to Lake Tekapo. Our next adventure takes us to Mt. Cook, the country's highest peak and may take a picture at Lake Pukaki, the largest alpine lake in the South Island. We will are off to Queenstown, New Zealand's epicenter of adventure! We'll spend 3 days in Queenstown where you're free to fill it up with all the thrills and adventures the town offers. There are just so many! Our final expedition is in Franz Josef Glacier, passing by the snow-capped Southern Alps on the way. You'll spend the next day exploring the famous glacier where you can hike, helicopter or go quad biking. We wind down back to Christchurch on our final day but not before experiencing their inland rail with stunning views. Eight days of pure adventure. 100% New Zealand
- Enjoy New Zealand's adventure capital: Queenstown!
- Experience the natural wonder, Franz Josef Glacier
- Option to cruise around the majestic Milford Sound
- Snap insta-worthy shots of Lake Wakatipu and Lake Tekapo
- See stunning views and jaw-dropping landscapes.
- Choose and pay only for the activities you want!
Day 1: Christchurch - Lake Tekapo
Meet the group at Christchurch International Airport (CHC) at 6:00 am and head for the super insta-worthy Lake Tekapo. Visit the iconic Church of Good Shepherd and Bronze Sheepdog Statue in Lake Tekapo. Overnight in Lake Tekapo.
Day 2: Lake Tekapo - Queenstown
We're off to greater heights as we journey into Mt. Cook, the country's highest peak. To enjoy the view, 3-4 hours of hiking is needed to enjoy the scenery. Moreover, we will pass by the largest of the three alpine lakes in New Zealand South Island running along the Mackenzie Basin, which is Lake Pukaki. We continue our journey to the beautiful Queenstown area. It doesn't get better than this. Overnight in Queenstown.
Day 3: Queenstown
Today you have the option to cruise around the fiord that is the UNESCO World Heritage Site Milford Sound. Overnight in Queenstown
Day 4: Queenstown
Today is a free day for adventure! Choose between the many activities Queenstown has to offer. You couldn't be in a more action-packed town! Overnight in Queenstown
Day 5: Queenstown - Franz Josef
Prepare for some major eye candy as we drive through rugged coastline, blue glaciers and waterfalls as we head for Franz Josef passing by the stunning snow-capped Southern Alps. Overnight in Franz Josef.
Day 6: Franz Josef Glacier
It's time for some ice! Choose to hike, helicopter, or both! Or try quad biking or kayaking?! Overnight Franz Josef.
Day 7: Franz Josef - Christchurch
Our last day brings us back to Christchurch, where it all began. Hop on the train that will pass by Greymouth, the largest town in the West Coast region in the South Island of New Zealand. Let's take in the stunning mountains aboard the finest inland rail journey. Overnight in Christchurch.
Day 8: Christchurch
Free time. The tour ends today in Christchurch.
- Airport pick up at Christchurch on the first day of the tour.
- Use of public bus/train and private transportation (as specified in the itinerary) during the 8-day tour
ACCOMMODATION (shared, hostel-type)
- 1 night accommodation at Lake Tekapo
- 3 nights accommodation at Queenstown
- 2 nights accommodation at Franz Josef
- 1 night accommodation at Christchurch
- 6 Breakfasts
- Service of a tour coordinator.
- Travel Factor Shirt and Bagtag
Flights in and out of Christchurch (CHC)
Visa Application Fees
Philippine Travel Tax (P1,620)
Lunches & Dinners
Transport during free time.
Tips & Gratuities
Note: If you choose to pay via credit card/Paypal, the Paypal invoice will automatically convert the amount to peso using the conversion rate of USD 1 = PHP 57 to account for foreign currency conversion loss. Paypal charges 4.4% of the total amount to be paid for every transaction to any international trips. If you choose to pay in PHP, the conversion rate of USD 1 = P 57 will also be used.
* Please read Terms and Conditions.
* Book & Buy Policy. First come, first serve basis.
* No regform, No reservation.
* To reserve: 1. Book Now and Pick a schedule. 2. Fill-out Registration Form. 3. Choose and Confirm Payment Procedure.
* You will receive an email confirmation of your booking.
* Deadline of payment for bank deposit or cash is indicated on the email confirmation and must be followed. Should you need extension, please coordinate with Travel Factor.
* Payments are non-refundable but transferable to another person. Travel Factor must be notified asap or at least 5 working days before the trip with complete regform. .
* A Trip Primer will be given to you that has complete guidelines, including things to bring, detailed itinerary, reminders, etc. days before your trip.
* For inquiries, email us at email@example.com subj: INQUIRY: EXPEDITION New Zealand: South Island Loop or call HQ 746-5119.