Few places in the world are as fabled as Egypt. Steeped in ancient mystery, a long history and structures that have stood the test of time, Egypt beckons to travelers like a portal to the past. On this 10-day exploration of Egypt, join us as we discover the country's wonders, beginning with Cairo, a megacity of a capital.
Home to over 20 million people, Cairo is Egypt's biggest city and the starting point of your journey. Here you'll be acquainted with the Egyptian capital and discover that within the city exists so many cultures and neighborhoods so diverse and different to each other. From the shiny and glitzy commercial districts, to its ancient bazaars where traders have populated for centuries, you'll surely find something to like. And of course, just outside the city, lies the Great Pyramids of Giza. Certainly unnecessary of introductions, the pyramids are truly a sight to behold.
After 3 days in Cairo, we begin our drive to the south, into Luxor, one of the oldest inhabited cities in the world. Divided by the River Nile, the next two days will be spent exploring the spoils of Luxor, frequently characterized as one of the world's greatest open air museums. To the East, we'll find the temple complexes of Karnak and Luxor; and to the West, the Valleys of Kings and Queens.
Finally, we drive 240km further south into Aswan, a city which holds some of Egypt's most beautiful monuments. In Aswan, you'll explore the Temple of Philae and Elephantine Island, all part of the Nubian Monuments, a grouping of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Lastly, you'll marvel at the Abu Simbel temples. a pair of show-stopping destinations that are just too beautiful for words. For many fans of Egyptian history and all things ancient, visiting Abu Simbel is certainly an unforgettable highlight. We're certain, you'll love it too.
After an adventure-packed 10 days, you'll hop on a local flight back to Cairo, where you'll catch your flight back home or to your next destination.
It's taken us a while to get back but we made sure that we'll be able to organize a fun and safe trip for all of those who will travel with us. For those who seek adventure, here are the things that we worked on to make your adventure, COVID-free:
1. We require a negative RT-PCR COVID test (taken maximum of 72 hours before traveling) for all participants.
2. Every participant is required to have travel insurance coverage, which includes COVID coverage.
3. Your driver, local guide, and Travel Factor Expedition Leader will also be tested for COVID.
4. We will be taking chartered transportation for the entire itinerary.
5. You will be accommodated in hotels that observe the latest COVID-19 protocols.
- Kickstart your trip in the megacity of Cairo! Egypt's capital, rich with history and amazing culture like no other civilization on Earth!
- See the Great Pyramids of Giza and cross it off your bucket list!
- Go on a road trip to Luxor, and be amazed with a city that's been called on of the greatest open-air museums.
- Finish at Abu Simbel, said to be, by far, the most beautiful place you'll see in Egypt.
- Enough time to do optional activities: Felucca Cruise on the Nile River, Hike to the Monastery of St. Simeon, take Instagrammable photos at the Nubian Village, a Camel Ride along the Great Pyramids, or even spend sunrises or sunsets at the temples on your free time
- Travel safely with Travel Factor's updated COVID protocols.
Day 1: Cairo City Tour
Welcome to Egypt! Today you will arrive at Cairo International Airport (CAI) in the morning. After clearing immigration and customs, meet your Travel Factor Expedition Leader at the arrivals area. We will start our day touring the Egyptian Museum and the Coptic Cairo - Hanging Church, St Sergius and Bacchus Church, Synagogue of Ben Ezra, and Khan El Khalili Market. Overnight in Cairo.
Day 2: Explore the Pyramid Field
Breakfast at hotel. We're off to a sandy adventure as we explore pyramids, tombs and ancient structures in Dahshur, Memphis and Sakkara. Overnight in Cairo.
Day 3: Giza Necropolis & The Sphinx
Breakfast at hotel. Today we will see the Great Pyramids of Giza and The Sphinx! Free time in Giza for optional activities. Overnight in Cairo.
Day 4: Travel from Cairo to Luxor
Early morning departure to Luxor. Today will be a long driving day so be sure to bring snacks. Overnight in Luxor.
Day 5: East Bank of Luxor
Breakfast at hotel. Today's adventures will be on the east side of the Nile: Karnak Temple Complex and Luxor Temple. Overnight in Luxor.
Day 6: West Bank of Luxor
Breakfast at hotel. Today we'll visit the other side of the Nile, the west. Explore the Valley of the Kings, Valley of the Queens. Overnight in Luxor.
Day 7: Travel from Luxor to Aswan
Breakfast at hotel. Today we take our last road trip, a 4-hour drive from Luxor to Aswan. Free time upon arrival. Overnight in Aswan.
Day 8: Abu Simbel
Early morning departure to Abu Simbel. Today you'll visit one of the most fascinating sites in all of Egypt, the Abu Simbel Temple Complex. Overnight in Aswan.
Day 9: Explore Aswan City
Breakfast at hotel. On your last touring day, you'll visit the Temple of Philae and Elephantine Island. UNESCO World Heritage sites under the Nubian Monuments group. Overnight in Aswan.
Day 10: Flight to Cairo, End of Tour
Breakfast at hotel. Today we'll take you to Aswan Airport (ASW) where you'll take the domestic flight to Cairo. From CAI, you'll connect to your flight back home or to your onward destination. END OF TOUR.
* Based on twin or triple sharing
3 nights accommodation in Cairo
3 nights accommodation in Luxor
3 nights accommodation in Aswan
Airport pick-up in Egypt (for those arriving and departing on prescribed flights)
Chartered, private transportation throughout the itinerary
Tours as stated in the itinerary.
Service of Travel Factor Coordinator
International Flights (MNL - CAI - MNL)
Domestic Flight (ASW to CAI) via Egypt Air
Philippine Travel Tax (PHP 1,620)
Egyptian Visa Fees (PHP 1,500)
Lunches and Dinners
All Optional Activities
Optional Entry to the inside of the Pyramids, Mummification Room, Royal Tombs
Transport during free time
Tips and gratuities
Compulsory Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage
Participants shall be responsible in booking their own flights. Travel Factor will provide an official recommendation on which specific flights to purchase but participants will be responsible in booking and paying for these. Travel Factor MAY assist in the purchase of flights BUT will not be responsible for any change, cancellation, inconvenience or consequences brought upon by this specific purchase.
If you choose to pay via credit card/Paypal, Paypal charges 4.4% of the total amount to be paid for every transaction to any international trips. To avoid this charge, you may pay via Bank Transfer or Bank Deposit.
3. COVID-19 LIMITATIONS
This tour is designed and implemented to offer the lowest risk to our participants with regards to contracting COVID-19 while traveling. We have taken actions such as compulsory testing, sanitation, and social distancing on this tour. However, there are inherent limitations and risks to travel, of which everyone on the trip must accept. Should you contract COVID-19 during on any part of the trip, Travel Factor will not be liable for any incurred additional expense, fare, tests, repatriation, hospitalization, or any consequence of contracting COVID-19.
To join this trip, participants must purchase these flights:
Manila - Cairo
26 MAR 2021 Depart Manila (MNL) 10:00 PM Arrive Istanbul (IST) 06:15 AM
27 MAR 2021 Depart Istanbul (IST) 07:25 AM Arrive Cairo (CAI) 08:35 AM
Cairo - Manila
5 APR 2021 Depart Cairo (CAI) 10:50 PM Arrive Istanbul (IST) 12:20 AM
6 APR 2021 Depart Istanbul (IST) 01:55 AM Arrive MNL (MNL) 07:10 PM
*Travel Factor will provide complimentary airport pick-up and transfer to these flights only.
*Participants may arrive before these travel dates, or leave after these travel dates but participant must shoulder additional transportation, nights and expenses in Egypt.
For assistance on flights, please get in touch with Travel Factor.
* Please read Terms and Conditions.
* Book & Buy Policy. First come, first serve basis.
* No regform, No reservation.
* To reserve: 1. Book Now and Pick a schedule. 2. Fill-out Registration Form. 3. Choose and Confirm Payment Procedure.
* You will receive an email confirmation of your booking.
* Deadline of payment for bank deposit or cash is indicated on the email confirmation and must be followed. Should you need extension, please coordinate with Travel Factor.
* Payments are non-refundable but transferable to another person. Travel Factor must be notified asap or at least 5 working days before the trip with complete regform. .
* A Trip Primer will be given to you that has complete guidelines, including things to bring, detailed itinerary, reminders, etc. days before your trip.
* For inquiries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org subj: INQUIRY: EXPEDITION Egypt 2021 or call HQ 746-5119.